The wind swept and a couple of leaves from the batibot tree took flight. It was half past ten and the heat of the sun was starting to hurt against my skin. I headed for the batibot.
Three giggling girls walked passed the covered pathway towards the covered courts. I couldn’t tell what they were saying but their faces were enough for me to think the girl in the middle cracked a joke. Not a very funny one, I can tell. The girl on her right seemed to have force her laugh. The girl on the left on the other hand was genuinely entertained.
I took my iPod out of my bag and corked my ears. Jon McLaughlin. Already In. The wind blew again and took about seven leaves this time. One found its way in the middle of the field where a group of young men are running 50-meter dash. One tumbled on the ground but straightened himself up almost as the same time he hit the ground then started laughing his guts out and punched the air. The other boys, I can tell by their faces and hand gestures, were amused.
He was amused.
The wind blew again but barely shook a leaf.
Mika replaced Jon McLaughlin. Love Today.
How can I?
The boys on the field started for the courts. A couple of girls took their seats beside me and started talking about a guy named Shawn or Sean. The girl with the shorter hair was telling the girl with the longer hair about her library date. I maximized the volume of my music player.
John McLaughlin. So Close.
The boys from the field are now picking up their bags and started thinning. As he got closer, he waved at my spot and continued walking.
… So close… So close… Yet still so far.

No comments:
Post a Comment