Tuesday, April 8, 2008

they don't come with an off switch

Mothers. Need I say more? I didn't think so. But for the sake of having this a little more lengthy, let me... put on a little more length.

1 When I moved out of our house when I was seventeen, mum didn't move out of mine. She was not around but she's still everywhere. Like her phone calls or text messages never cease. Every hour she's asks how I'm doing. Same with the last hour, mum.

2 When she comes over, she wakes me up from a very good sleep and asks me if I do drugs.

3 She asks me to sleep in the evening. I work graveyard.

4 She tells me I'm skinny. Everyone in my family is.

5 She asks me if I have a girlfriend. She knows I'm gay.

6 She thinks I hate family get togethers. Well, she's right about that.

7 She always asks me to get a haircut. Not gonna happen.

Despite all that, she's the woman I love the most. It's frustrating hearing things coming from her over and over again but you'll get used to it. She doesn't come with an off switch. I guess all mother are manufactured that way.

Thank God.

No comments: